Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Side of Fries

Nothing is wasted time.

We learn from everything we do...
           and don't do.

Writer's block sucks!

It's more like, there are
too many thoughts going on
in my head at the same time...
so they jam up.

*blech!*

Guess I'm just looking for that knife.
No, not the sharp one.
The one you stick up into the
inverted bottle of ketsup
that you've been shaking, hitting and
thumping for the past 10 minutes.

My french fries are getting cold!

By puncturing that air-tight seal,
Red goop comes pouring out.

Much, much more than I need or wanted.

A huge pool of ketsup.
A huge pool of my thoughts.

A waterfall. Overwhelming me.
I get pulled under the tide.
Which way is up?
Realizing I'm holding my breath.
Wondering how long I can hold on.

Will it be long enough?

What if it's not?
Anxiety kicks in - making me want to breathe.

In my heart of hearts
I know all will be well.
This, too, shall pass.
I may even forget this whole drama when it is over.

It will be as it should.

But in the mean time I'm wondering...
Do I really need ketsup anyway?

No comments: